When you plan a first date you don’t want to be like most guys – you want to be the guy! Girls love something different and memorable. So don’t be the standard guy who goes with dinner.
Research has shown choosing exciting activities/places increases the chances of attraction developing. So all the more reason to be original and creative! No more boring first dates. Doing something active takes the pressure off you to talk, while still giving you plenty of opportunity to get to know each other.
I have been on a few first dates and two of my favourites were – a motorbike ride where we ended up in the Swan Valley for lunch and drinking wine watching the sunset at the beach.
Whatever you chose, you need to keep in mind that no two girls are the same and won’t like the same type of things. Look at the type of girl she is before choosing what to do. For example a girl who hates heights would not like going bungy jumping.
Here are some awesome suggestions for you.
- Live bands – There are some great places in Perth to see local bands – look up what is on in the Gig Guide, but keep in mind that you will need some time to chat.
- Jazz Clubs – Perth has some cool jazz clubs. Try the Ellington Jazz Club or the Jazz Cellar – both great places to go and you will still be able to talk.
- River cruises – There are lots of different types of rivers cruises in Perth. One of my favourites is taking the 11am boat from the Barrack Street jetty to the Left Bank Hotel for lunch, then back to the Lucky Shag (ha at least you are guaranteed a shag!) Lovely way to spend a Sunday afternoon.
- Walk around the river – You can end up in a café or some of the lovely bars like the Windsor or the Royal in East Perth.
- Bike Ride – Around the river or in Fremantle.
- Day Trip to Rotto
- Ice Skating/Roller Blading – Still some great places to do both and gives you the chance to hold hands. But don’t try this one if you don’t know how to skate.
- Super Golf – Wanneroo or the Swan Valley. Great fun and you can bring out your competitive side.
- Para Golf/Whaleback Driving Range – Gives you the chance to give the girl some pointers or maybe she can give you some!
- Lone Ranger Shooting Range – This is a very different idea – ha but it may come across the wrong way!
- Twilight Picnic in Kings Park
- Watch the sunset at the beach
- Tapas Restaurants or cool new bars – Try Kitsch in Leederville, Clarence’s, the Classroom. Perth really is changing and there are some great new places opening all the time.
- Exotic Restaurant – Experience a new type of cuisine together. Experiencing different new things together builds a connection.
- Bowling – Old favourite and lots of fun.
- Bush Walking – try not to do this one in the middle of summer!
- Art Gallery – But check what is on first.
- Fremantle – Great places to see, you can try the raw food experience, Little Creatures, the Markets and it is a great place to people watch!
- Unusual bars – Devilles Pad, Hula Bula Bar
- Indoor Go Karting
- The Theatre
- Live Comedy – there are some great events in Perth.
The possibilities are endless – have fun deciding what you would like to try and as always happy dating.
By Debbie Rivers