Speed Dating Perth Questions to Ask at Speed Dating Events
When thinking of what questions to ask at speed dating events you want to come across as interesting, be yourself at Speed Dating Perth events.
“The wise man doesn’t give the right answers, he poses the right questions”.
To be interesting prepare your sound bites (good stock answers to standards) and prepare your questions (and good answers to your own questions!).
To be interested you need to
1. Ask her good questions
2. Listen to her replies
3. Ask follow up questions!!!
Poor Questions to Ask at Speed Dating Events
The same things get asked all the time:
· What do you do?
· Where do you go?
· What do you like?
You need to be original and use your time carefully. Three minutes may not seem long but its awkward having nothing to say and lots of embarrassing silences.
Take responsibility to fill the time but let her ask some questions otherwise it becomes a job interview!!
Finally mix your questions up otherwise you repeat yourself with each woman and become stale – your very own Groundhog Day! Keep it fresh.
The problem with questions like:
· Where do you live?
· What is your job?
· Where have you been?
· Do you like travelling?
is that she might think of them negatively – she might hate her work! Ask them aspirationally and then lead in to what she does now:
· Where would you like to live?
· What is your dream job?
· If you could live anywhere in the world where would that be?
· If you could do anything anywhere for two weeks what would you choose?
Stay off heavy subjects no matter how interested you are – this knocks out religion, politics, politicians, the state of the country today and education.
Good Questions to Ask at Speed Dating Events
The event itself:
· How did you hear about this event?
· What made you try speed dating?
· Have you noticed how most women at this event are much more attractive and interesting than most of the men? Why do you think that is?
· What’s the best question you’ve been asked today?
Hobbies and interests:
· What did you do last weekend?
· Do you have pets?
· What do you do for fun?
· What book are you reading?
· What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
· What kind of movies do you like? Why?
· What is your favourite film/actor/actress ever? Why?
· What is your favourite TV programme/CD?
· What’s the most adventurous/irresponsible thing you’ve ever done?
· What would be your ideal holiday destination?
· What makes you laugh?
Food and drink:
· What did you have for breakfast?
· What is your favourite sandwich?
· If you have friends over for supper what would you cook?
· What is your favourite takeaway meal?
· Where were you born?
· What did you want to be when you were little?
· What’s your best joke?
· What makes you happy?
· What are the most important things you’re looking for in a man?
· What is the best chat up line you’ve heard?
· What is the worst chat up line you have heard?
One excellent tip – use her name. It will probably be written on her badge so use it. Top three tips – use it, use it and use it!
Finally try to make her laugh. Women rank a good sense of humour as one of the most important attributes you can have. If you aren’t good at making things up on the spur of the moment think about some humorous replies to stock questions, test them by trying them and keep using the good ones. Feedback and learn!!
Most importantly have fun – that will make you much more attractive than whatever questions you ask!
“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple”.