For many singles who have not done speed dating or similar events before, they are not sure what to expect when they sign up to an event. Dare2Date has prepared this information so that you walk into your next speed dating event feeling relaxed and understanding what will happen.
Why do Speed Dating?
You may ask why Speed Dating or singles events? I think that all of us hope to meet someone in our day-to-day lives; however, the older you get the harder that seems to be. A lot of your friends are already in relationships and don’t even have any single friends to introduce you to.
You may go out to pubs and although it can be easy enough to meet people, it is hard to meet someone you actually want to meet again. Internet dating can be frustrating and you can waste a lot of time meeting people who look nothing like their pictures and who you have little chemistry with.
- Chose a Dare2Date event that suits you from the upcoming singles events, select a ticket and book in.
- At the time of booking you will need to pay for the event via credit card (via PayPal which is secure and no need for an account) or alternatively via EFT and your place is then reserved. Pre booking is essential to ensure there is an equal number of men and women at the event.
- By purchasing a ticket you are agreeing to abide by Dare2Date’s Terms and Conditions and that you are over 18 years of age.
- You will receive notification of your booking via email.
- Then all you need to do is turn up and enjoy meeting various singles at the event. Dare2Date Speed Dating Perth recommends that you arrive on time so you feel relaxed. A complimentary drink will be provided on arrival.
What Happens at Speed Dating?
- You will be met by one of Dare2Dates Speed Dating Perth friendly hosts, who will give you a name tag with a number on it and a card. The card is used to record the details of the people you have met and to mark the people you are interested in seeing again. It is important to record information on your card as you go, so you can remember who is who. It is easy to lose track when you are meeting lots of people!
- At the beginning of the event the host will explain to you what happens during the evening. You get to talk to each person for five minutes. Next to each person’s number you record a YES or a NO. At the end of the event you hand in your match card to your host.
- Where two people have marked YES to a match Dare2Date will email you both each other’s details. The rest is entirely up to you! Matches will be emailed to participants generally within 48hrs.
What do people ask at speed dating?
Personally I don’t think you should put too much pressure on yourself at a speed dating event. Speed dating is a fun experience so my number one recommendation is to stay away from boring topics and personal details. I have put together some ideas of questions you could ask, as well as examples of subjects you should stay away from.
- What do you like to do on the weekends and in your spare time?
- What do you love to do – your interests/hobbies?
- Who is your favourite super hero and why?
- If you made a movie of your life who would you get to act your part?
- Would your life story be a drama or a comedy (but don’t use this question as an opportunity to talk about all your dramas)!
- What is your favourite movie/tv show?
- Favourite guilty pleasure – ie food, music tv show, movie?
- Savoury or sweet?
- Dog or cat person?
- What super power would you have?
To Find Out More
- If money wasn’t an object what would you do?
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
- What would your dream job be?
- Early bird or night owl?
- Indoor or outdoor person?
- Camping or luxury?
- What was the last book you read?
- What song is playing on your iPod just now?
- What website would you waste time on?
- Would you prefer to live in the city or the country?
- If you could have anyone to dinner living or dead, who would you invite?
- If you won a million dollars what is the first 3 things you would spend your money on?
Questions To Avoid
- What do you do for a living?
- Questions about past relationships.
- Anything too personal.
- Don’t talk about your worst points or baggage let someone like you first.
- A person’s address (okay to ask generally what suburb someone lives in).
Remember you will be talking to 10 -25 people and if you are asked the same questions by everyone it gets boring. Be interesting and make it fun. Basically the list of potential questions could be endless but the point to speed dating is to have fun and not to come with pre-prepared questions No-one wants to feel like they are at a job interview. Remember there is plenty of time to find out more when you go on your first date.
The first time may seem a little daunting but it really is a fun, relaxed way to meet people. From my experience at speed dating/singles events, people don’t only meet potential partners but new friends from both sexes. And really, what have you got to lose as it costs less than a round of drinks?
Dare2Date and Speed Dating Events
We have been running speed dating events in Perth since 2011 so we’re very experienced in offering this great method to meet lots of local singles in a fun night out, and maybe start something new. We are proud to offer the following:
- An easy way to meet other singles.
- Hosts who make you feel welcome, comfortable and at ease at Dare2Date events.
- Perth based company who understands what Perth people want and exactly how it feels to be single at any age.
- At our single events we will not simply leave you to yourself but will run fun activities to help you meet the people who have attended.
- Exceptional value for money – the same price as a round of drinks, lower than the average speed dating prices.
- Regular events for all age ranges.
Interesting in trying out a Dare2Date singles event? Check out what’s coming up.